I am hearing weird noises in the online real estate atmosphere. They are on a frequency few can register, and still fewer will acknowledge.
A big deal is coming.
The outlines must remain blurry at this point. But here are a few things to ponder:
- The NAR EXPO is a week away.
- The RPR (formerly and variously referred to as the “Gateway,” “The Real Estate Channel,” and the “Library/Archive”) has been a long time coming.
- The NAR seems to be scheduling tons of meetings next week for briefings.
- It has been a year since the NAR inked a deal with Move to build this product. I have heard nothing about how that’s going, which, in my opinion, is a curious thing.
- There are only a handful of ways to get something like this to market.
- There are even fewer ways to get the data needed to power something like this.
Like I said, murmurs. Signifying nothing perhaps. But I am not feeling that.
We’re past due for some movement in the category.