Not much time to blog. Been holed up in the 1000watt suite. Much to share next week. Here are some quick-hit observations:
- Great event, great vibe.The shadow of housing and mortgage market gloom hasn’t encroached upon the Palace Hotel. As the person who ran the conference for Brad for years, I can say this may be the best Connect ever.
- Full service, flat-fee, cut-rate — I don’t what you call it, I’ve had enough of the ritual beating of this dead horse. It’s distracting. There’s so much more that matters going on right now.
- Brokers have reached the boiling point. The profitability problem has become an emergency, forcing them to re-examine their position vis-a-vis agents. Crazy splits, dead wood and brand abuse are becoming intolerable.
- The thumbnail effect: I recognize two thirds of the crowd — not because I’ve met them, but because I’ve seen them smiling at me on some social media platform.
- No killer app: I’ve looked at dozens of new companies this week, but nothing has struck me as a category killer. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. The field is still wide open.
Much more to come …
— Brian Boero